No Equipment Legs and Glute Workout
Tone Your Legs & Booty
I love working out outside, especially when then suns out. The sun always seem to make everyone so much happier and more energized. Whether it's Summer and we're wearing skimpier clothes or Winter when there's figure hugging dresses and sweaters; make sure your legs and booty are looking hot and bootiful with these simple body weight exercises.
Lunges are a great body weight exercise that work not just your lower-body (glute/butt, hip muscles, hamstrings, quadriceps and calves) but also your core to stabilize you (abs and back muscles).
- Simply stand up with your legs together and your arms either on your hips, at your sides or out to the side or holding onto something if you need help with balancing.
- Step 2 to 3 feet forward with your right leg, with your front foot flat and your back foot on your toes.
- Bend both of your knees to lower down into a lunge, creating a 90-degree angle with both knees and ensuring that your front knee is directly over your ankles and NOT in front of your toes to avoid placing strain on your knees.
- Push off with your right leg and return to the starting position. Repeat with your left foot stepping forward. Aim 3-5 sets of 10-15 reps on each leg.
- Change it up by either stepping backwards or sideways and doing a lunges there (sideways you only bend one knee, the knee of the foot you have stepped out on, making sure the knee stays in line with the toes.)
Stretch the quads and hip flexors afterwards, as well as your butt by sitting with one leg crossed over the other, knee to knee with knees bent and bending forwards (repeat on both sides)